This Community Share page is a place where I will enthusiastically post your stories and photos! Share BIG and SMALL wins (Hint: every win is a BIG one;). Share a short story of challenges overcome or struggles that continue. Share strategies you have used for success. Celebrate yourselves and your children and show the world what is possible! Send pictures with captions or let the images speak for themselves. Send to my email: email@example.com
I will do my best to upload new contributions often. I hope this website can bring more people together to help us all learn from, grow with, ease and enjoy the journey!
Let’s Make Everyday World Kindness Day
* = correct answer
Podcast Episode 12: Trivia Answers
- All are under the category of very low incidence disabilities EXCEPT:
- *Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple-severe disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
2. Which one is a characteristic of multiple-severe disabilities?
- Limited speech or communication
- Difficulty in basic physical mobility
- Tendency to forget skills through disuse
- *All of the above
Podcast Episode 10: Trivia Answers
- The change in an environment to which a body responds is called
- 1. *A stimulus
- 2. A response
- 3. A retina
- 4. A ligament
- Why are sensory activities important to students with autism, ADHD, and sensory processing disorders?
- *Sensory activities help these students create new neural pathways to connect experiences and respond to them in a more typical way, and cope when dealing with difficult experiences.
- Sensory activities help these students try something new.
- Sensory activities help these students make friends.
- Sensory activities help these students learn how to calm themselves down when they feel stressed.
3. What is an example of proprioception?
- feeling a soft blanket
- balancing a book on your head
- *crossing your legs while sitting in a chair without looking
- listening to ocean sounds on headphones
Podcast Episode 9: Trivia Answers
1. The numbers of elderly are expected to grow substantially with the increase of aging baby-boomers.
- A. True *
- B. False
2. Question: By 2030, it is estimated that there will be approximately 72 million older Americans, comprising nearly 20 percent of the total US population. But, which state will have the biggest increase in the 65+ population?
- Arizona *
- West Virginia
Answer: Arizona will have the largest increase in the 65+ population. The top ten states with the largest increase are Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, New Hampshire, Wyoming, and California.
Podcast Episode 8: Trivia Answers
- Learning styles can best be characterized as
- unimportant compared to teaching style.
- unique to the individual.*
- remarkably similar across cultural groups.
- based on the time it takes to learn.
2. The ADA prohibits discrimination against any individual on the basis of their disability in the full and equal enjoyment of products, services and facilities.
Podcast Episode 7: Trivia Answers
1. Which of the following is not a law pertaining to individuals with disabilities?
2. Which of the following is a type of learning disability?
- Reading/learning disability
- Mathematics/learning disability
- Resistant to treatment
- All of the above*
Podcast Episode 6: Trivia Answers
- The largest population of exceptional learners are the:
- Intellectually Disabled
- Gifted and Talented
- Physically Disabled
- Learning Disabled*
2. A student who says, I failed the test because the fire alarm went off in the middle of the test” appears to exhibit
- An external locus of control*
- An internal locus of control
- An auditory learning style
- Community safety sensitivity and interpersonal intelligence